an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a
roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment,
think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues – without the
extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity in Chicago, IL.
Work you will do/Responsibilities
Our client is building its salesforce COE and would like to build specific capabilities that can be leveraged across different lines of business within their consumer and community banking.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages Java 8/J2EE distributed application development, REST, microservices, Spring Boot, Netflix frameworks, API gateway, etc.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Solid understanding of building services in cloud.
- Experience with messaging (Kafka) based integration and microservices
- Programming with NoSQL/NPL a plus (Cassandra)
- Familiar with big data technologies. Spark, Scala, HDFS
- Familiar with modern infrastructure technology and architecture (cloud, virtualization, object stores, etc.)
- SDLC tools and agile development methodology